Sunday, July 6, 2014

And the sun sets on Powderfork...

Two weeks ago, I spent the week at my first Jr. High/Senior High camp in Bald Knob, Arkansas with some pretty awesome people. We focused on the theme, “God Can See Our True Colors”.

I enjoyed fellowshipping and having fun with campers from Louisiana, Arkansas, and Mississippi playing ultimate rock paper scissors, gaga ball, Rooster of the Roof, and Trainwreck.  I found a soul sister in my co-counselor Holly Russell who is probably one of the funniest women in all of Arkansas.
 
The littlest camper of all: Emma



The highlight of my week? Prank wars. Growing up going to a fancy campground such as Doniphan in Missouri, we would probably get kicked out of camp for pulling any messy pranks. However, at Powderfork things are a little different. The ladies came with NO AMMO. Holly and I were determined to be prepared for the ensuing onslaught that the boys had set up for us. We got an insider to steal and hide all their pillows while we set up a trap with a spray hose. It was shaving cream and water everywhere! Fortunately, it didn’t go much further. We had good, clean fun. Warning: Pranks are not for all campgrounds.


No comments:

Post a Comment